Re: [oletrucks] Sarcasm??

To: Martin Wilt <mwilt72@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sarcasm??
From: WILHELM GORDON <gvwilhelm@home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 21:33:07 -0600
I went back and retrieved the original question that apparently started
this whole silly discussion about "putting people down" and unwanted
opinions:

 > I want to move the tank out from behind the seat in my 57chev3100.  I
heard that the tank from a 82 cutlass will fit like a glove behind the
rear axle under the bed.

> Anyone know if this is true, or have any other suggestions or stories to tell?

This question clearly asked for other suggestions "or stories to tell".
It is totally unfair to characterize the resulting suggestions and
stories as sarcasm or a put-down.  I have been a member of this list for
just a few months and I have thoroughly enjoyed the back and forth
banter.  Questions get asked and answered with what seems to be an
attitude of genuine interest and concern for fellow oletruckers.

Gordon Wilhelm
Calgary Alberta
'51 GMC 1/2 ton