[oletrucks] Fire

To: "TRUCK LIST" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fire
From: "Ron Duncan" <rondunc@webzone.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:11:58 -0500
On March 27, 2000 my house caught on fire and destroyed everything.  State
Farm rebuilt my house and I just moved back in.  This is my first post after
being off the list.

My Grandfather's 51 Chevy truck was in the garage and pretty much everything
was gone except the frame which had recently been updated with Mustang II
suspension and disk brakes. It was not covered by insurance.

I was unsure as to what to do until I received a letter from Bill Simmeth
representing several members of the oletruck list.  A plate was passed.  I
received a check and a gift certificate from Jim Carter through the efforts
of his employee, Kelly Mitchell another member of the list.  This was
intended to serve as a booster fund to get the old truck back in shape.

I opened that letter around midnight  and  just sat here and cried.  There
are no words to express how grateful I was to get that letter.  There is no
question now as to what I should do with the truck.  I will  bring it out of
storage and back into the new garage next week and start again.  I can't
wait to get started.

I want to thank everyone on this list for all the help and would like for
all the contributors to send me your addresses so I can thank you
personally.

Get ready for a whole lot more dumb questions.  I appreciate your help and
even welcome your advice and opinions.

Ron Duncan
Tulsa, Ok.