Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 WILL NOT UPSHIFT!!!

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 700R4 WILL NOT UPSHIFT!!!
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 06:53:47 -0600
Sounds like a check ball got in the wrong place. I am so against shift kits,
they
are not conducive to long life in a 700. The only part that i think is good is
the replacement pump piston. Running a 700 around the block with the TV cable
unhooked will do unseen damage. I'd rather tow it that take the risk of glazing
the clutch plates and spacers. Go get a cable the correct leanth and mount the
cable where the coil post on the manifold is. The tighter the TV cable is pulled
on, the later shifts will be. brown fluid means it has burned or sediment is in
the trans. Both spell the death neil to a 700. I used a product from Napa called
"Sea Foam" for AT's and this stuff works. Give it a try, for 6 bucks you can't
go
wrong.