[oletrucks] hydra-boost

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] hydra-boost
From: "SHAWN & JO" <yooperwannabe@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:25:18 -0400
I have hydra boost on my 81 Chevy 1ton and while I like it, I would probably
recommend against it. I have has a power steering leak and if that happens,
or the pump gives up suddenly, you lose steering AND brakes all at once. I
have also noted that you have almost no brakes or holding power while the
engine is off. My truck is VERY heavy and this may be my particular
situation but I cant hold or stop the truck from rolling without applying
the e-brake. Even vigorous pumping doesn't seem to help...
Shawn
51 Chevy 1ton panel