RE: [oletrucks] Door weatherstripping question

To: "'Kevin Acker'" <kevack@micron.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Door weatherstripping question
From: "Richard Kinas" <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 09:25:15 -0400
The original door weatherstripping used pegs built in to the stripping which
inserted into holes in the door and held the stripping in place. There are
additional clips which help hold the stripping in place at the sharp corners
and negative bends. I have seen three types being reproduced.

1) one long roll which you cut and glued into place (least desirable)
2) one long roll which has the built in pegs which you cut and install.
3) Individual door strips with molded lower corners and built in pegs ( the
Best )

When I get home I can lookup which vendor has these, I believe it is Jim
Carter.

Rich Kinas