[oletrucks] Re: Putting Ci finally...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Putting Ci finally...
From: "Dennis O'Connor" <boyoconnor@netscape.net>
Date: 13 Sep 00 11:56:45 PDT
The right tools will make the difference between a good installation (and a
continued happy marriage) and tragedy, either for you or your new engine.  :)

First be sure you have a hoist which is up to the job.  I've used hoists
before which need ballast (e.g. me standing on them) to keep from upending
under a couple hundred pounds weight - not good.  Either rent the right hoist
($30/day at most places) or buy one.  CostCo and other similar warehouses sell
these for $170 and up for American made with up to 4000lbs capacity.

Second use the right lifting equipment.  If you can shell out $50 for a
leveling bar so much the better.  I've also had good success with a solid
chain (1500lb+ rating) attached to the engine mounts, combined with a second
chain and a ratchet hoist to adjust the angle of the engine.

Hope that helps - good luck!

-Boyo

From: "Old GMC Pickup" <truxrme@hotmail.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Putting Ci finally...