[oletrucks] Liberty

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Liberty
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:52:52 -0500

Good points on all.  I think our forefathers had it down when they
created the timeless concept of civil liberty:

freedom of speech, thought and action insomuch as it does not
infringe on the civil liberty of another individual.

This really seems to put things into perspective for me and one can
apply it to every situation whether gun rights, helmet laws,
environmental issues or old trucks.  If what I am doing doesn't
effect you or anyone else, butt out. If it does, then you have the
right to try and stop it.

But I know Miq hates socio-political diatribes...... :)~

Eric Pesci
Texas
Trucks, panheads and guns

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
Suspecteveryone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately,
 nothing will preserve it but downright force.
Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably
ruined. Liberty, the greatest of all Earthly blessings - give us that and you
may take everything else.
(Patrick Henry in his June 5-7 1788 speech before the Virginia Ratifying
Convention)