[oletrucks] Re:Re: Coil Springs

To: "Oletrucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re:Re: Coil Springs
From: "Joseph Szwed" <szwedj@viagate.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:59:44 -0500
>>Anyone know anything about front coil springs and lowering.
>>I narrowed a 79 Chev 3/4 ton IFS six inches and put it in my 49 GMC.

You can cut the springs but remember as you reduce the number of active
coils, the spring rate will go up.  I'd try it. Start buy taking one coil
out and see what it's like.  It's not a hard thing to do and since you just
had everything apart it should go easy.

Also did you think about raising the back up? If the rear springs are
original they could be a little tired and need re-arching or replacing.

What I want to know is how did you go about taking out the six inches of
width on the 79 truck IFS? That must have been quite a project.

Joe Szwed
Stockton, NJ