[oletrucks] Rust remover

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rust remover
From: "Rob Lowe" <rllowe@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:29:18 -0400
I was wandering around in Home Depot a week or so ago and found a display of
a product called "Rust Remover".  I was curious about the product and I am
surrounded by chemist and chemical sales in my neighborhood.  My next door
neighbor is VP of sales of a small chemical company and he said the product
that Home depot resells is his company's formula.  He gave me a quart of it
to try out and it really works.  I sprayed some on my wheel barrow and
within twenty minutes the areas that had light surface rust was like new
sheet metal again.  Open the bottle and dipped a short piece of rusty rebar
that had been lying out in the weather 5 or so years and by the next day it
was a gun metal color.  Sprayed some on a very rusty spot on the grill of
one of my old trucks. Let it dry for a couple of days and then sprayed some
primer on it and it seems to adhere very well.  The rusted surface becomes a
water-resistant polymeric surface and is paintable.  Its also a penetrate
(rusty bolts) haven't tried it on bolts yet.  It doesn't hurt other
materials like paper plastic rubber, except concrete.  So don't try to clean
rust off concrete with it!!!  They have other products for red clay and rust
removing on concrete along with degreasers for engines and driveways.

So if you are looking for a product to stop the cancer until you can address
the rust properly later, it works!  Just brush off the real loose stuff and
spray or brush it.   If you spray it with a spray bottle wear a mask.  It
has phosphoric acid in it.  its best to brush it.

They sell quart and one gallon(10.4lbs) containers.  The one gallon(10.4lbs)
containers are bleach style bottles.

Just want to pass it on.   But satisfy yourself about the product.  I will
not profit from any sales of this product.

The company is located in Lithia Springs Georgia 30122 (Atlanta area) 1-800
315 6699, Local 770 819 8400 or email sales@coolclean.com.   VP of sales is
Grant Johnson 770 424 8595.  They have data sheets that they can send out or
call them and ask questions.

Rob