[oletrucks] RE: SBC Engine Rebuild

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: SBC Engine Rebuild
From: bob_keeland@usgs.gov
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:26:38 -0500
I'll second the request for information on rebuilding a small block chevy
engine.  I have a 283 that I will put into my 51 3600 but the engine is
essentially a short block.  Although I can figure out a lot of what needs
to be done, I am completely lost when it comes to something like the vacuum
lines (and probably other things that I am too ignorant to know about).
Can anyone recommend a good book on rebuilding or just setting up a small
block chevy engine?  If the application is for an AD pickup, so much the
better, but anything would help.

BobK
51 3600 5-window (long-term project)
Arnaudville, LA