Re: [oletrucks] Disquised 235's

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Disquised 235's
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 13:46:01 -0600
Even with a balanced harmonic balancer, there can be different sizes. Big hunken
ones are good for a stroked motor or a workhorse or a super smooth Cadillac idle
and  a lightweight one for quick revving motors. The correct name is vibration
damper, it smooths out the pulses from each piston firing off. Balanced
vibration
dampers have a cutout in them and are easily detected. The flywheel or flex
plate
on the otherhand will have weights welded on. They are not interchangable.