Re: [oletrucks] 235 Head Removal

To: Michael Mendonca <mm@service-quality.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 Head Removal
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 10:31:18 -0500 (CDT)
The old trick is to put the bolts back in loose, put the plugs in, and roll
the engine over.  Compression should break it loose.  Don't know if I'd try
this when new heads aren't readily available any more, though.

Another trick I've used on small engines is to shove some rope down the
spark plug hole and turn the engine over.  Again, the force of the pistons
should push it loose.  Same disclaimer applies, though I think this would
be a little more risky since you would be lifting at one point on the head
with a lot more force.

Blessing every minute I spent with my old man working on these things when
they weren't such ole trucks.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN