Re: [oletrucks] radio question w/o attachments

To: tasimmons@cbnn.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] radio question w/o attachments
From: EKWatson@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:21:27 EDT
Sorry I took so long to get back to you! I went to a big swap meet. There
are two more numbers I found on it and I am also sending you a picture or
two. It says radio receiver 558581 in models 982543 and 982579. I paid
$50.00 for it. Let me know what you think.
Don Simmon

Don this radio is a custom built automobile superheterodyne receiver which
uses 7 tubes, the output stage is a push-pull amplifier, it was designed to
be powered by a 6VDC battery and will draw 7.5 amps.  I don't have the car
year that this model was manufactured for, but I am going to give a guess at
1950-52, and probably 1951.  The  controls are setup like a Chevrolet truck
radio, but I don't know if  the face angle matches or if the control knobs
will fit a truck.

All the best,
Eric
50' 3600