[oletrucks] broken brakes

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] broken brakes
From: "Ole Trucks" <hollisbsa@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:41:39 EDT
I replaced all of the brake shoes 5 months ago and rehoned all of the wheel
and master cylinders.  I rebuilt it all with new kits.  It took some time to
get them bleeded and working.  I had to rehoned the master 3 times.

A few days ago I was not thinking where I was going and almost missed a
turn.  I slammed on the brakes.  Well since that time my master now has a
small leek out under the rubber cover.  I now need to pump the brakes 4 or 5
times to get them to work with the same force they use to have.

Yesterday, I bleed the fronts and got no air.  But I have not done the
backs.

Any ideas what happened and what I should do?

I looked at having the master re-sleeved but that cost $150.00.  For the
first time I am now thinking that original is not the best way to go - since
I can find a new NAPA master for $75.00.  It looks small and cheep compared
to the original but it it half price.....

As of the last parts order for my truck I now have 2 times in parts and
labor over what I paid for the original!  I think this will keep growing
however maybe not as fast not using original replacement.

Any ideas on what to do from this point?

Thanks,
Jim House
Hollis, NH