Re: [oletrucks] split exhaust

To: 237459N@knotes.kodak.com, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] split exhaust
From: L1Chevy@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:22:05 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/00 9:54:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
237459N@knotes.kodak.com writes:

<< From: W P. Fricke

 I've got my mind set on setting up my 235 with dual Rochester carbs and
 dual exhaust coming out from an Offenhauser or Fenton split manifold. Any
 "watch-outs" I should be careful of? Is there a resource for getting pipes
 for such a set-up or do I have to have them custom bent?...

For what its worth, I had a fella split my stock manifold, added an
Offenhaueser dual carb setup with 2 Rochesters and didnt go with any kind of
heating...I guess I dont need it in the mild NW temps...I took it to a
muffler shop and for about $200., they built me a dual exhaust..havent had
any problems with the carbs..guess I'm just lucky..

  Dave Koon
  '51 3100