Re: [oletrucks] Paint - 283 engine 1959

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint - 283 engine 1959
From: JWSuther1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:03:42 EDT
Rich - I restored a 59 Fleetside which had the red (orange) painted engine
and had never been removed or even touched up confirmed to me by the original
owner.  I questioned this because I already own a 59 Fleetside which also
never had the engine removed and its the gray (blue) paint.  The 59 with
orange paint has been judged by the AACA at three national meets this summer,
awarded 1st place at each and they are pretty picky. Somewhere there is a 60
to 70 year old person walking around that was painting these engines back
then who knows the answer to these engine paint questions.  Sure would like
to talk to him/her!

Regards - John Sutherland - Greensboro, NC
59 Fleets
New addition - 55 2nd Short Step Big Block (soon to be small block)