[oletrucks] Differential Identification

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Differential Identification
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:54:43 -0600
Every time I attempt to get parts for my differential at the local parts
store, their parts book shows numerous different differentials for my truck.
Can someone please help me identify my differential.

The truck is 1959 GMC 9314, which is a Canadian truck, half ton, shortbox,
stepside, with a 235 (yes, 235 Chev, it's Canadian, and factory original), 3
speed standard transmission.

The differential has:

-10 bolt cover
-3.90 gear ratio
-the # 3707340 located on the drivers side front of the centre housing
-not a limited slip

If any other measurements or possibly a picture would help, please respond
and I will get the information.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada