[oletrucks] New member.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] New member.
From: "CHARLES A. CLARK" <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:14:36 -0400

This is one great forum for chevy trucks. I have a '49 panel truck that I have
been restoring for aalmost 2 years.  I am about in the final stages and
everything seems to be comming together at once.  I am putting a 350 in it with
a 74 Nova rear.  Also using pwer steering kit and disk brake kit from Jim
Carter.  All else is stock (not much left I quess). I have looking at the
archive list for about 2 months and just at the right time.  It has saved me
many possibleheadaches.

One observation on rear ends.  This may be unique to 74 Nova's, I'm not sure but
the stock nova mounting perch had a small hole in the front of the perch about 1
1/2"  to 2 ".  The hole was space the same on both sides from the spring locater
hole so we just enlarged the small hole and used that for the spring locater
bolt.  The wheels move back the requisite amount to center in the wheel well.
The 74 Nova is a little narrower than the old rear but I believe things will
work out using wheels with a little less offset.

I am using side motor mounts from jim carter and am concerned that the engine is
not going to line up properly with the radiator for cooling purposes.  Any one
had that problem with those particular mounts?

Again, a great forum with, from what I see so far, a great bunch of people.