Re: [oletrucks]One caveat about Downshifting

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks]One caveat about Downshifting
From: Wallace R Teto <katana2k@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 14:15:48 -0400
Not to me Tim, but it is a good warning however.  I also ride a
motorcycle and it is a technique amongst us bike riders that since we
also downshift a lot for braking (especially with 6-speed transmissions),
we get in the habit of just touching the brakes a few times so that the
brake lights flash and help to alert the dim-witted souls who might be
following.  Find out how much you have to depress the pedal to make your
lights go on.  You will find yourself tapping the brakes automatically in
all such braking manuvers.  Sure helps save the body (the truck's and
yours as well) from gettin' dinged up!

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project