Re: [oletrucks] shipping question

To: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shipping question
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:36:38 -0500
Best deal I found was at Transportation Logistics in Wilson NC (800)
831-0791. they are a freight broker, not shipper. Cost $118 for a big old
GMC 302 short block from CA to FL. This is about 2/3 cheaper than  quotes I
got from motor freight lines...BUT you have to declare the shipment as class
85 or 50 (Scrap engine). It is insured accordingly i.e, if the truck goes
off a bridge, you are SOL. Also, delivery is from terminal to terminal, not
to your driveway. No need to crate, just band it to a skid, the shipper will
usually do this for a modest fee (or free).

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL