RE: [oletrucks] American Classic

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] American Classic
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:45:57 -0600
> I can tell you that I bought some panels for my 52 hardtop and
> one of them  showed up wrinkly...I called chevs of the 40s and was told
that
> all the left panels for this car are wrinkly because of old, worn out
> dies...Its not the  end of the world as it can easily be filled. Just
wanted to tell you
> that what you're being told is not uncommon..

Thanks, that is what I was told as well .. that the mold was bad and that
the company refused to make a new one till they had used this one up. I'm
sure it can be fixed with some bodywork, but it would have been much nicer
to have a straighter piece that required less work. Also, would be nice if
in the catalog and the web page they TOLD you the part wasn't perfect.

Bill