Re: [oletrucks] Breather question

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Breather question
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 17:35:42 -0700
    Hi Charles, nice looking truck. I tried to email you this without the
list, but your server is rejecting anything i try to send.
    I have one comment I thought I might mention. Is that a PCV pipe running
across from the rocker arm cover? I have one on my truck, too. It sure keeps
the engine internally clean.
    I would like to point out to you the oil filler cap. It's my humble
opinion that if you run a PCV that the incoming air should come from a hose
fitting on the rocker arm cover and the other end attach to the air filter.
Look to see if there are any knockouts on the top somewhere or along the side.
This way, the incoming are is as filtered as the air the engine is using. The
oil cap should be a sealed type to prevent air leaking in. With a draft tube,
the air exchange is a lot less and that isn't much of a problem as along as
the element in the cap is clean and well oiled. The rocker arm cover on my 261
has a factory hose fitting on it. let me know what you think,

        bye Jim