[oletrucks] Engine Manifold Gasket & Wiper Motor

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Manifold Gasket & Wiper Motor
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 18:12:26 EST
Dear Old Truckers,
    I am getting ready to install my Engine Manifold Gasket.  Can that be
done by simply removing the bolts and pulling the manifold back?  Does any
thing else need to be disconnected?

    Also, my wiper motor is not functioning.  The switch is working.  In the
on position I hear a definite hiss or vacuum sound however nothing is
turning.  Is there a common problem to be looking for?  I would prefer to
keep the current system for a while.  Thanks.

    As a matter of curiosity.  Have any of you ever tried to order parts for
these trucks from the dealer?  I haven't heard much about that.  For
instance.  Could the rear steel brake line that bends around the pumpkin be
had from a dealer?

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, IL