[oletrucks] ah-HAA! Chevrolet book lists Suburban sliding AND stationary

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] ah-HAA! Chevrolet book lists Suburban sliding AND stationary glass...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:46:27 EST
    Ok, I just had to do it. I dug out my falling-apart-at-the-binder
Chevrolet parts book that lists parts from 29 to '58. In it, under section
17.136 , they list Glass, side windows and parts for the Suburbans. They list
the front and rear sides as Stationary and Sliding, with different part #'s
and slightly different sizes. The stationary is part # 3812001 and -2003 (
rear and front side glass respectively ), and the sliding is 3812002 and
-2004 ( rear and front respectively ), both second series only. So even in
the original old parts books, they list it as factory option. That's cool, I
know I'm not nuts ( or not as nuts as people think I am for owning 6
Gremlins! LOL! ). If anyone needs me to look up some original part numbers
for them, I'll be happy to do it for '58 and earlier trucks. I bought this
reference manual years ago, probably at Carlisle, and it STILL comes in handy
at times like this. I got a paint chip book this year at Hershey, it'll be a
big help in figuring out all the AMC ( and Chevy, too! ) codes if I need
them, and it's fun to look thru at the colors of other car makes as well. Got
a good deal on it at $10, considering pages of paint chips on Ebay run about
$3-8 each! I could sell the book one page at a time for $1 and still make
hundreds! LOL. Might do that with the Ford stuff, anyway. I'll look thru it,
and if I don't see any colors I want to reference later, I'll disassemble the
book ( I have another one, but this one is Dupont, and has alot of earlier
years than the other, "newer" book I got for free at a used book store bin ),
and sell all the Ford stuff on Ebay. Maybe Chrysler too. But you never know,
I could need it. NOT! :)  Anyway, so for any doubters as to the authenticity
of the stationary glass option, I have found it listed in a chevy parts book,
so they do exist, even if you haven't seen it. I've seen too much of it!
Well, g'nite all, catch ya later!

 Jerry, a "stationary" type of guy