Re: [oletrucks] Fan radiator clearance.

To: "CHARLES A. CLARK" <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fan radiator clearance.
From: Paul Blosser <paulb@todays-tech.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 09:02:04 -0600
Charles,

Several weeks ago I got the radiator mounted in front of my 350 on a '54
frame and I had plenty of clearance for the fan, probably too much.  I
did find that I needed a 1" spacer between the fan (a flexlite fan) and
the water pump pulley so the fan would clear the engine.  I still have
plenty of room (about 3") between the fan and radiator so I will be
building a fan shroud to insure everything keeps cool.  I am running the
long water pump on this engine as well, so I don't think clearance will
be a problem for you as you actually want to set the engine as far back
as you can for weight distribution.

Paul Blosser
1954 3100