[oletrucks] Locked out

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Locked out
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:17:43 -0600
Got a little story to relate.  My '50 model has the traditional locking door
on the passenger side.  The driver's side door only locks from inside the
truck.  Passenger door must be locked and unlocked using the key.

Well, my daughter didn't know this (neither did I till later), but if you
lock the passenger door by pushing down on the handle, then close the door,
it will not unlock with the key.  Is this just MY truck, or are they all
like that?  Anyway, after 2 and a half hours, we finally got a wire into the
window and unlocked the door by pulling back on the handle.

I am interested in a remote control electric lock setup.  Has anyone done
this with an AD, and how well does it work?  Also, where can I get this
setup, assuming that it is available for a '50 model?

Thanks!

Smokey Culver, League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)