[oletrucks] Speedometer needle shaft

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Speedometer needle shaft
From: Carlos Madero <cmadero@flavorite.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:50:28 -0600
Several recent comments refer to problems with broken needle shafts.  What
is the proper way to remove and install the needle in the shaft? I have
collected two other speedometers at the salvage yard, one from an early '70s
Chevy pickup and the other from a mid 80's Volvo.  The mechanisms appears to
have the little mounting screws and the odometer face in the same position
as the AD truck, but I have not removed the needles for fear of breaking the
shafts.

Carlos
'53 3100