[oletrucks] Speedometer noise fixed, I hope!

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Speedometer noise fixed, I hope!
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:48:13 -0700
Thank you all very much for the suggestions and help with my speedometer
noise.

I pulled off the dash plate and disconnected the speedometer cable. I was
able to pull the inner cable out without any difficulty. Taking the advice
of the group I lubricated the inner cable with graphite ( I have a spray can
of dry graphite that sprays like paint but dries to be graphite) and
reinserted the inner cable. The most difficult part was reconnecting the
cable to the speedometer.

Took it for a quick test drive and it appears this problem is

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/blaine59.jpg