Re: [oletrucks] '54 Chevy Truck (X-files)

To: Jack Halton <safesix@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '54 Chevy Truck (X-files)
From: "James O'Gorman" <messenger@arn.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:11:38 -0600
On an even sadder note than the possible loss of Mulder, there was a
documentary about the CIA compound in Virginia last night on the
Discovery Channel in which they demonstrated the destructive force of
the vehicle barriers at the entrances to the facility, resulting in the
loss of an oletruck.

The very heavy steel barriers hinge out of the ground at about a 45-50
degree angle and have a sharp leading edge which is probably 4 feet off
the ground.  The documentary showed a test of the unit with a circa 1964
Chevrolet 2 ton truck loaded with 15,000 pounds of cement hitting the
barrier at about 60 MPH.

The barrier stopped the lower portion of the truck, shearing off the
upper portion of the cab from just above the headlights clear through
the cab to the bed.  Obviously, the truck was being remote controlled -
that or we've found out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. ;)

James