[oletrucks] Pinion repair

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Pinion repair
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:39:00 EST
When I installed the swap meet '62 truck rear axle in my '48, I put in new
axle and pinion seals.  I've only run the truck a few hundred miles since
then, but noticed the pinion seal leaking again.  I am guessing the pinion
bearing is worn, taking out the new seal.  Question:  How hard is it to
replace the pinion bearing?  Do I need some special tools, or can I do it in
the garage?  This is an open driveshaft rear end.  Thanks in ADvance and have
a Happy Thanksgiving.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX