[oletrucks] Q-jet questions, again

To: Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Q-jet questions, again
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:35:09 -0800
hi all,
im currently looking though my new edelbrock catalog and i see a new,
edelbrock Q-jet that looks interesting. its got the hot air choke (like my
rochester has now) and i personally like it, i never had a problem with it,
and i kind like the lil tubes. but, its a 795cfm carb. i need to know what
mine is now,. its a (i believe) mid 70s-early 80s carb. not sure if it came
from a camaro or a truck, as ive been told both, and i dont have a reference
to decode the numbers on the side of it.
  the engine i have is a 355 with stock heads and flat tops, ive also got
11.5:1 compression. ive got a stock, cast iron intake im looking to replace
with an edelbrock performer (which will basically be the same as my iron
one, just aluminum and a lil better flow.)
  id like to stick with a Q-jet, as ive gotten pretty good at tinkering with
them (im getting 21 mpg at 70mph, and 3grand rpm, with lots and lots of
pedal left), but is this 795 cfm carb too big for my engine? should i look
at a square bore intake and a "regular" edelbrock carb? if so, what cfm?

thanks in advance, also, anyone have a edelbrock price list? i had one, but
dont remember how i got it, and id like to see how much this good stuff
costs.

thanks again
Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200
'55 Chevy 6400 (comming soon, very soon)
'00 Dodge Neon