Re: [oletrucks] Strange Park Brake Solution

To: dkrehbiel@kscable.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Strange Park Brake Solution
From: john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 20:49:18 -0500
It sounds as though you have what we use to use on a truck or a wrecker
back in the 50's,   We called an Interlock.  What you done, was flip the
lever, hit the brake pedal and it would lock all 4 wheels.  If you let it
set, overnight, it would bleed off and the next morning, you could move
the truck.   The first time you hit the brakes, it would lock up again,
if you didn't release it.  JUST ASK ME>  I has a nechanic that worked for
me and placed the interlock on and the next morning, he backed out of his
drive, put it in low, released the clutch and it locked up.  Guess wht
happened.  A new transmission in a 4 wheel drive 1 ton F*%#.  Expensive
lesson.

John T.