Re: [oletrucks] Telling a '55 from a '56

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Telling a '55 from a '56
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 00:40:22 -0500
'55 hood emblems have short fat spears that come off the top edge, while
'56/'57 have long skinny spears that come off the bottom.

Also the hood emblem on the '56 is painted Black and on '57 it is red to
match its oval shaped fender spears, however they are the same casting as
stated by others.

Another small difference is the '55 fender spears are one piece, while the
'56 spears which look like the '55 are two piece (i.e.:"3100" -
"CHEVROLET").

Don't know about Amber vs. White lenses but my '56 has Amber and I believe
they are the original ones.

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland