Re: [oletrucks] open rear end for 50 3100

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] open rear end for 50 3100
From: "Woody" <woodrow@isomedia.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:14:55 -0800
I had a 50 3100 with a SBC.  I used a Lincoln Versailles rear.  It is a 9"
Ford with disc brakes and will handle just about anything you can throw at
it.  All you have to do is reverse the rear springs from end to end.  The
rearend fits right on the springs, and has 3 holes in the pad that you can
use to locate the wheel in the fender opening.  I fabbed a bracket for the
Versailles hydroboost (hydraulic power booster) in the stock truck location.
This worked very well.  I was able to get 15X10 Torqthrust wheels with
305-50X15 tires under the fenders.

Woody
53 GMC