Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic

To: Deve Krehbiel <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off-topic
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 21:33:13 -0500
Deve Krehbiel wrote:
 Its
> when debates start to ensue that it becomes spam.

Deve
And in deference to that I will make this my last post on this issue *G*
I have seen the same kind of backyard engineering you are talking about
in my walks through the junkyard. I chalk it up to the fact that these
vehicles were used as farm equipment for the most part and Farmer Brown
was only interested in keeping it going..not making it right. There was
no regard to any potential future historical value of the vehicle.
Today while going back from lunch I got in behind a 57 Chevy 1/2
ton...all stock, fender flapping with duct tape, smoke puffs every time
he changed gears...it was a real mess but it was getting the guy and his
load up the road and that's all that concerned him...and yes I did
follow to see where he went so I'll know where it is ;)
As for shadetree IFS engineering..I agree..my truck is clipped and there
is no way I would have tried that on my own. I am a stickler for doing
it right (but not always original) so I asked around..checked some work
here in town and hired it out to a professional...two years later I've
had no problems out of the work.
Anyway I'll let it go from here...we are just two hard heads butting up
against one another *G*
Keep your fingers Mr. Adler comes back soon.

--
Bill Bailey
1957 Chevrolet 3100