Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer

To: ace0027@attglobal.net, j.eric1@worldnet.att.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 21:24:45 -0800
list,
everyone needs to relax a lil. why is this argument even going on? we are
all here becuase we share a common interest, old trucks. some of us like
them restored to bone stock, some of us, like myself, like the resto-rod,
and some of us like full out rodded.
  when these trucks were built, they were built to be tools. the people who
owned them, for the most part, took good care of them. thats why theres so
many of them out there, and how each one of us has one, sometimes more. the
argument about the "half-assed" repairs was uncalled for. shit happens. and
sometimes farmers cant afford to fix the truck properly becuase theyre
spending every cent staying alive and putting food on everyones table.
   one time my throtle cable broke while i was driving down the road, i tied
it together to get home, when i got home, i had no cash, it was inbetween
pay days, so i took a bolt, drilled it, put both ends of the cable though it
with a few washers and a nut, ive been driving on that for a year now. sure,
i could buy a new one, but why? it works, its not a priority right now. it
may not look good, but it works. restored/rodded, what difference does it
make? everyone has their own style, and many things work for both restored
and rodded trucks.
   another thing,.... people need to calm down with the "off-topic" things,
yea, this is off-topic, oh well. if you dont want to read it, for God's
sake, deleat it. i seriously doubt anyone has a gun to their head making
them read everything, even things they dont want to.

in short, everyone, just calm down. old trucks are old trucks. everyone has
their own thing, just like some people buy fords, dodges, studs, even
mercurys. no one way is right. theyre all right.
and some people just need to lighten up and deleat things BEFORE they read
them. lifes too short to argue about such stupid things.

sorry its so long.
Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200