[oletrucks] In defense of myself

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] In defense of myself
From: SnappyDog1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 17:44:10 EST
As a young pup I drove AD pickups.
I'd pick one up running for $150 or so and drive it a couple of years 'till
it quit, one after another.  Maintenance consisted of replacing gas in the
tank, putting some oil in if the gauge said "0" and putting some water in if
started steaming.  Broken windows were replaced with clear plastic kick drum
heads and I drove the tires down to the cord.  The Highway Patrol pulled me
over once because my turn signals didn't work, and I "fixed" the problem by
whacking them all off the truck with a tire iron.
Some of you may have ended up with one of my old trucks and if so I
appologise, but at the time they were junkers and the last thing on my mind
was what hobbyists were going to think about it 30 years down the road (We
were after all supposed be using atomic powered flying cars by now).

If I had a time machine I'd go back and kick my own ass.

These days I'm paying the price for my (and others) neglect so many years
ago, and I don't mind--- let's face it, there are plenty of restored AD's for
sale for less than it's going to cost us to restore our projects, that's not
why we're doing it.
I love to trade stories about the kludges I've found on this truck or that,
but let's get back to something constructive, like fixing them instead of
bitching, or at least lets start work on that time machine.

Barrett Revis
Sparks, NV

'53 3105
'48 3105