[oletrucks] oletrucks

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] oletrucks
From: "David Handley" <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:00:21 -0600
What bothers me most is when I see old trucks sitting out beside the house
with the front fenders, hood, bumper, etc in the bed and a rusty v-8 sitting
on the ground next to it where somebody tried to do a conversion or started
to hot rod the truck and after finding out what the project really entailed
walked off. The real burner is when I go up to them and ask if they would be
interested in selling it and they say something like " Yeah I'll take 5000
dollars for it". It is a real shame when folks who can't do it won't allow a
real enthusiast to make something of the old rascal, be it stock or
modified. I just really like to see the old trucks put back on the road in
some form or fashion. This lists helps me and a lot of others do that with
information that is very difficult to obtain otherwise or impossible. It
really does something for me when I'm tooling down the road and a young
fellow in his 55 Chevy BelAir waves and gives me the thumbs up or the guy in
the old el camino with all the drag equipment does the same.
Maybe this is off topic but I am really interested in seeing this list go on
and provide for others some of the help it has given me, so lets see if we
can promote that.

Dave Handley
51 GMC 5 window
Houston, TX