[oletrucks] Re: So Long All

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: So Long All
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 22:13:36 -0600
Tom:

I agree with you 100%. I also practice the 'scan subject and delete'
method of dealing with messages of little interest.

As Miq has just eloquently told me to do - I apologize for unknowingly
jumping in to the banned thread after the thread was shut down. As a
List Digest reader, I never read his shut-down notice until way after
the fact (this evening). Although I believe that I did not say anything
upsetting, I am truly sorry if anything that I said has caused anyone
any grief at all. Particularly to those whom we depend upon to steer us
in the right direction with our oletrucks.

My 'valuable oletruck content' is this:
For those '51-'55 Advance Designer oletruckers with the vent-windowed
doors. If you pine for the slick vent-windowless look, just go and get a
pair of early doors ('48-'50) and then spend a very little time putting
your push-button door handles into them. Then you'll have the slick
look. I kinda prefer the stock look, but the beauty of this 'mod' is
that it is 'stock'!! For a bit more smoothness, then follow Alan Gingles
(and others) and shave the handles and install solenoid-operated door
releases.

Cheers,

Dave Q.