[oletrucks] Can't we all get along??? What a crock!

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Can't we all get along??? What a crock!
From: Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:12:07 -0500
Welcome to the real world people.

I joined this list about 8 months ago and just recently had to drop everything
but the daily summaries due to personal time constraints. However I do single
out the messages that interest me and read them religiously.  Because I don't
post that often and I'm relatively new to this list I'm going to try an
approach this latest problem from a neutral point of view.  I'll state up front
that I haven't read any of the "Farmer" messages and frankly don't want to.
Like I said before I read what interests me those that don't I ignore.  It's
just too bad some other people don't seem capable of doing the same.

One thing you're always going to run into are differing opinions, especially
with over 800 people involved.  There will always be those around that will try
to stir things up just to get a reaction.  This happens frequently on some of
the bulletin boards I belong to and there is a tried and true method most
boards use to get rid of them.  What these troublemakers want most of all is
attention.  The solution is to ignore them.  When they're ignored they rapidly
get tired of playing the game and just go away.  This method works virtually
every time.

What I'm seeing here however, is a bit more troubling.  I'm seeing the "If you
won't play by my rules, I'm going to take my ball and go home" mentality.
This attitude is even more childish than those who stir up trouble just for the
attention.  Personally I don't care how much knowledge someone has, if they
can't deal with a little controversy and immediately resort to an "it's my ball
game" philosophy then maybe it's better if they do leave.  There's no way I'm
going to beg anyone who displays this childish behavior to stay or come back.
The many posts we've seen announcing their impending departure are nothing more
than an attempt on their part to have everyone to do just that, beg them to
stay.  In their own way their demanding the same attention the troublemakers
are and it's just as childish a move.

If you have the knowledge and are willing to share it with others, that's
wonderful. If you have the intestinal fortitude to ignore the troublemakers,
that's even better.  If you don't, then take your ball and go play somewhere
else.  I for one won't beg you to stay no matter how important some people
think you are to this list.

Now I know I've probably ticked many people off, and that may not be a bad
thing.  Once you get over being angry at me you just might see that I'm just
pointing out how childish we're all being over this.  I've never been accused
of being politically correct and as you can tell I didn't choose this message
to start.  So if you're mad so be it.  If you're thinking about leaving and now
realize how childish you're acting, welcome back.  If not, then do us all a
favor, exit gracefully and spare all of us the "I'm so pi**ed of I'm going
home" messages.  Frankly there rather boring.

Bill Whittaker
'53 3100 Hemi
Built Like A Rock
With Mopar Stock