[oletrucks] Steering wheel/interior colors

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering wheel/interior colors
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:17:35 -0700
HI...on the persistent debate over steering wheel/interior
colors, I'll throw in my two cents worth.

>From owning two 59s and a 57, which were unrestored when I got
them-the steering wheel/column/shifter, as well as the floor
steps (the recessed area that the bottom of the door shuts into)
were painted *not* black, but a dark grey-ish blue-ish color.
The rest of the interior on the 57 was light grey, and the 59s
were "fawn metallic" or something, a kind of silvery beige.

Also, if you go with the clear coat finish, it'll be way to
shiny and nice looking to be original   :)   but that may be
what you want.  I suggest good old acrylic enamel automotive
paint, with catalyst, for the steering wheel, but that requires
a spray gun (not a spray can).  Perhaps a sympathetic body/paint
shop could paint just the steering wheel if you don't have the
equipment to do it yourself?  but that may cost a lot if they're
not sympathetic.

Jim Forbes
59s in AZ