Re: [oletrucks] Idle Quality - '49 216 cu in

To: scmills@tntech.edu
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Idle Quality - '49 216 cu in
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 15:03:46 -0600
Mine has always idled pretty smooth, except one time when the carburetor
float valve stuck open and gas overflowed into the bore.  If mixture,
timing, plugs, and points all check out fairly ok, try a compression
check.  That will tell you if you have a burnt valve, or some other type
of problem.  Also, don't forget to check your vacuum advance on the
distributor for any leaks.

Good Luck,

Larry
1951 Chevy 3100 5 Window
OKC, OK

-------

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000 16:44:27 -0600 Holly and Chris Mills
<scmills@tntech.edu> writes:
> Will a 216 idle smooth. Mine has a rather rough idle. I've messed
> with the
> idle a couple of times and the mixture. Didn't want to mess around
> too much
> until I knew this wasn't normal.
>

> CHRIS in Tennessee
> scmills@tntech.edu
> ICQ: 5944649
>
> '78 Westy (maybe some CIS injection,Corvair, turbos --- hmmmm...)
> '65 Beetle (Type IV powered)
> '99 CR-V 5 speed
> '49 Chevy 3100 Pickup
> '81 Honda CB900C