Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Wipers

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <Pastorjon994@cs.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vacuum Wipers
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 07:03:22 -0600
Jon,

Try opening and closing the on/off switch with the motor running.  If that
moves the wipers back and forth, then the unit is bad.  There is a valving
mechanism in the back under a thimble sized tin housing.  You might try to
gently pry that off with a knife and then spray some WD40.  It worked on my
old old unit.

Good luck.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock