RE: [oletrucks] Powder coat

To: "Oletrucks Board" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Powder coat
From: "Gwyn Reedy" <mgr@mgrcorp.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:00:57 -0500
I got an Eastwood Hotcoat kit when Harbor Freight couldn't deliver on
theirs. Haven't done anything too large to fit into my oven (wife's old
range now in my shop). Did buy the Harbor Freight propane heater for larger
pieces but haven't used it yet.

Since you do the powder coating, then the heating, I don't think fire is too
great a danger. Powder is in the air while coating, but it quickly falls to
the ground. If that is a concern, you could spray over a canvas and move it
before heating (assuming it is not practical to move the coated piece.) If
you get the propane heater so close to the work that you burn the powder on
the piece, you need to change your procedure.

Just don't spray part of your object, turn on the heater to cure it and then
try spraying the other end of the piece.

Gwyn Reedy
Brandon, Florida
mailto:mgr@mgrcorp.com