[oletrucks] Mallory distributor

To: jonesal@u.washington.edu
Subject: [oletrucks] Mallory distributor
From: "Alan Lubow" <alosteo@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:14:32 -0700
Allen

I'm running a new Mallory Unilite mechanical distributor on my 235 motor in
my '50 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup.  The part number is 4518001.  This was
recommended by the tech at Chevy duty. I think it's similar (or the same) as
the one Patrick's sells.  I had also read about it in an article in Auto
Restorer magazine.  I've had it for a few months, and been happy with it so
far.  Why do so say these are "troublesome"?

Alan
'50 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup