Re: [oletrucks] Re: Mallory distributor

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Mallory distributor
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:39:43 -0800
>In my opinion (opinion only), the Mallory stuff of today is of poor
quality. ***
>Of particular comment to the
>mechanical one you speak of, a friend and I tried to tune his 261 with one
>of those and it just wouldn't run right (troublesome).

I was very happy with the Mallory mechanical advance distributor I got from
Patrick's.  I had terrible problems with the original distributor, which was
probably worn out.  One of the things I learned from other list members was
the advantages of vacuum advance over pure mechanical advance, so now I'm
not sure I made the right decision, but I can say that it runs very well.

Regards,

Grant S