[oletrucks] driveshaft/u-joints

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] driveshaft/u-joints
From: dph55 <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 09:25:08 -0600
My driveshaft and I parted company Saturday morning. I'm not sure if a u-joint
gave way or the cheapo (Made in India) center carrier bearing bracket went
first. At any rate the rear end and transmission are 1964 vintage 1/2ton chevy
and the drive shaft is shortened from the same. I was of the impression that
all these trucks for several years used the same u-joint replacements. Can
anyone confirm or deny that? They have the outside wormy shaped little clips
that hold the bearing cups in place. Would you have a part number perhaps?
Thanks

Dave Handley
51 GMC 5 window
Houston, TX