[oletrucks] Shifter help

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Shifter help
From: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:05:59 -0500
Howdy All,
    First thanks for your help with the cooling.  Second.  I went to the
Junkyard Friday and found some great deals.  We asked them what there oldest
truck was and they said 1961.  But we needed some modern parts any way so we
went searching and came across a 1954 Chevy half-ton.  It had been
modernized with a 350-350 and other things.  We got the exterior sunshade
off and bought it for $5.49.  Quite a deal.  The truck also had a floor
shifter for a 350, which I needed.  We took it out and got it home and
realized it had wires attached for a back up light or a Neutral safety
switch.  We are converting the truck to twelve volt and wiring it ourselves.
Two questions.  Is there any way to either add a Neutral Safety Switch or
bypass it completely?  With stock tail lights, what have y'all done for back
up light?
Thanks
Andy Johns
1951  3100