[oletrucks] Couple of parts questions, carburetor

To: "W&D" <haist2@home.com>, <MLayton324@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Couple of parts questions, carburetor
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:31:08 -0600
Guys,

Along the same train of thought . . .

I bought a carburetor insulator plate but the studs from the intake manifold
are too short to add the 1/2" thick insulator plate.  Do I really need this
plate?  If so, I can't turn the studs for the life of me.  Any tips on
getting these studs out?

Also, the exhaust manifold has a heat riser and heat control valve that are
majorly stuck.  Any ideas on this?  Is it important to move?  What do I do
to free it?

Again, thanks in advance.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock