Re: [oletrucks] OD info

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] OD info
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 19:42:09 -0600
That is very good info. I use it and will be using it for the hookup
procedure. Sadly, the overhaul section is too vague. There is a great deal
more to doing a complete overhaul than described. I am in the middle of a
complete overhaul now. To break it down completely, replace all three
bearings, the seals, bushings, etc. requires more than all the info I have
seen so far. I am expecting too much maybe, but still hold hope the newer
trucks shop manual will shed some light. I also have to wonder if there are
new gears available. Anyone know? Particularly for the 3 speed front end
where the gears appear to be worn. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html